What should I expect ?
Conway Medical Center receives thousands of applications per year. As much as we would like to communicate a personal message to each one, it isn’t possible to accomplish. Like many large organizations, we rely on an electronic applicant tracking system to help organize applicants by each position we seek to fill. When you search and apply for a position in our system you will create an account. This private account allows you to make edits to your information and easily apply for positions as they become available. You’ll be able to log into your account and track the status of positions and view if they are open, in progress, and finally closed/filled. Be sure to keep track of your username and password.
As part of the application process, all applicants answer questions that are part of a behavioral survey that helps CMC measure customer experience aptitude. This is an important part of the application process.
The general flow of the application process is as follows:
- The individual completes an application for the position(s) to which they meet the minimum job requirements and are interested.
- The Human Resources representative reviews the application to determine if the minimum requirements for the job posting match the applicant.
- If a match occurs the HR rep has the option to forward the applicant in the system to the posting manager. Often that will occur, but in some cases, with a high volume of applicants, the manager may only request to see applications who meet not only the required criteria but also who meet the preferred criteria.
- Applicants who have applications that have been forwarded to managers can see the status.
- The manager reviews all applications forwarded by HR and determines who they would like to interview or otherwise explore further for the open position.
- Applicants selected for an interview will typically be contacted by phone by the manager directly or an HR representative, but occasionally email or text messaging may be utilized.
- Applicants who interview but are not selected for the position will receive an automated communication that the position is closed and often a communication from the hiring manager.
- If the position closes and an applicant was not selected for an interview, they will receive an automated communication that the position is closed.
- Following the interview, final applicants selected by the manager will be contacted by an HR representative to either (a) receive a preliminary verbal offer for the position (only a CMC HR representative can make an official offer of employment) or (b) respond to additional questions of informational needs by the HR department.
What happens when I accept a position?
Once an applicant receives a verbal offer of employment with a pay rate and accepts, the final clearance process begins. This process includes: